Garmin Forerunner 305 Review
The Garmin Forerunner 305 is a great tool for training. I purchased it last year during my first go at training. This device is far and away my favorite device for training.
In addition to acting as a stopwatch and heart rate monitor, it uses GPS technology to determine speed, distance, pace, and elevation. It has multi-sport modes so you can change between different settings for various sports and you can also program it to track your brick workouts.
- Easy to use
- Very accurate distance and elevation data
- Having pace instantly available during a run is invaluable
- Can import data into standard software as well as many different online programs and third party programs (NOTE: For Mac users, Ascent is probably the best program on the market. Well worth the $35)
- Loading of satellites can be slow on occasion (I tend to just put it outside while I’m doing something like putting on my shoes)
- Stock software is horrible (especially on Mac).
- Size: It’s like a very oversized watch. It looks big on my wrist, so I can only imagine what it would look like on a female’s wrist.